Hospice is a specialized approach to care which combines a team of medical expertise and compassion for those facing a life-
Important facts about Hospice:
• Hospice can be provided wherever the patient lives.
• Hospice focuses on quality of life and providing comfort, care, pain management, and family support.
• Nursing home patients are also eligible for hospice care.
• Patients in skilled nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and even in hospital care may be eligible.
• Hospice does not mean denied medical treatment. Should the patient or family desire to seek curative measures for the diagnosed illness, they may do so at any time.
• You are always in control when it comes to making the decisions.